Charles was born about 1603 in England, the son of Thomas Hoskins and Dorothy Aldersey.
He died on 10 SEP 1657 in Oxted, Surrey, England.
His wife was Anne Hale, who he married on 24 DEC 1626 in Kings Walden, Hertfordshire, England. Their nine known children were William (c1629-c1712), Thomas (c1630-c1630), Edmund (c1632-?), Mary (c1634-c1634), Anne (c1636-c1636), Dorothy (c1638-c1638), John (c1640-1717), Elisabeth (1646-1728) and Charles (c1650-?).
|Death||10 SEP 1657||
!Source: https://issuu.com/countofreutern/docs/ancestors Ancestors of Count Joshua von Reutern by The Count of Reutern - issuu
Charles Hoskyns b. 1603; d. September 10, 1657, Oxted, Surrey, England
Son of Sir Thomas Hoskins, Knight and Ann [daughter of Thomas Ingler b. Surrey, England and Ann his wife]
Anne Hale b. 1609, Kings Walden, Hertfordshire, England; d. September 2, 1651, Oxted, Surrey, England
daughter of William Hale, Esq., Sheriff of Hertfordshire b. circa 1568, Codicote, Hertfordshire, England; d. October 19, 1634, Kings Walden, Hertfordshire, England
and his wife Rose Bond b. circa 1555, Watton-at-Stone, Hertfordshire, England; d. July 31, 1648; Kigs Walden, Herfordshire, England
!Source: http://www.stirnet.com/genie/data/british/hh4bz/hoskyns02.php Hoskyns02'Index
Families covered: Hoskins of North Perrott, Hoskins [Hoskyns] of Oxted [Oxsted]
i. Charles Hoskins of Oxted
m. Anne Hale Hale of Kings Walden)
a. Sir William Hoskins of Oxted
Le Neve shows Sir William as father of William, Charles, Anne & Mary. Manning & Bray show Sir William as father of William & Charles and another William as father of Mary, Anne and another Charles & William. The following assumes that there was only 1 William in this generation.
m. Anne Tonge , alderman of London)
William Hoskins of Oxted
m. Martha Hoskins @@@@ below
William Hoskins of Oxted
m. Martha or Mary Gresham
m. Susannah Chicheley Plowden
Susannah Chicheley Hoskins
m. Richard Gorges, later Fettiplace
m. Leigh Master of Newhall
m. Sir Marmaduke Gresham
+ other issue - Charles , Judith , Mary Anne
Charles Hoskins of Croydon & Oxted
m1. Hannah Rouse
This unnamed daughter is sometimes shown as the wife of John Warde of Squerries but the Warde records suggest that that was her half-sister, Kitty Anne.
m2. Rachel Daye
Kitty Anne Hoskins
m. John Warde of Squerries
m. William Finch
m. _ Moor of Egham
b. John Hoskins 'of Reigate', of Red Lyon Square
m. Catherine Hale
m. William Cavendish, 3rd Duke of Devonshire
c. Charles Hoskins of Oxted
m. William Hoskins of Oxted @@@@ above
d. Elizabeth Hoskins
m. G. Bond of Auborne
e.+ other issue - Thomas , Edmund, Mary , Anne , Dorothy
Their coat of arms indicates that the following family shared a common ancestor with the above one.
m. Katharine Farnham [dau of John Farnham of Misterton by Dorothy]
1. William Hoskins [b 1680, d 1736]
m1. [24.12.1706] Grace Minterne
A. William Hoskins [b 1708, d 1760]
m. [24.12.1737] Joan Warry [dau of Thomas Warry of West Coker]
i. William Hoskins of North Perrott, Somerset [b 1742, d 1813]
m.  Elizabeth Addington [d 26.06.1827, dau of Anthony Addington]
a. William Hoskins of North Perrott [b 1787, d unm 1863]
b. Henry Hoskins [b 1790, d 1876, rector of North Perrott] had issue
m.  Mary Phelips [d 1844, dau of Rev. William Phelips of Montacute by Anna Aletheia Elizabetha, dau of Rev. John Paget of Doulting]
ii.+ other issue
B. Catherine Hoskins
m. Joan Baker
C.+ other issue - Joan, Elizabeth
m2. [26.04.1720] Elizabeth [widow of _ Robins]
2. Katharine Hoskins
m. [26.12.1689] John Petvin of Haselbury Pluncknett
 For upper section : Le Neve's 'Pedigrees of the Knights' [Marshall, 1873, pp158-159+215-216], 'The History and Antiquities of the County of Surrey [Rev. Owen Manning & William, Bray, 1814, 'Pedigree of Hoskins', p386] [with thanks to a site visitor, CV [21.02.16] for drawing our attention to the latter] with some input/support from Visitation [Surrey, 1623, Hoskins], Visitation [London, 1598, Hoskens]
 For lower section : BLG1952 [Hoskyns of North Perrott Manor]
British History Online Parishes: Oxted
BARROW GREEN was a capital messuage belonging to Richard Moushurst in the beginning of the 16th century; he enfeoffed Walter Vitull, who refused to make an estate to the son Thomas Moushurst. In 1621 William Albany died seised of it, having settled it the previous year on Sir Robert Albany in trust for his wife and younger children. It seems to have been acquired shortly afterwards by Charles Hoskins, who died in 1657, for the epitaphs of two of his children in Oxted Church describe him as of Barrow Green. It continued to be the family seat of the Hoskins and Hoskins Master family till recently. It is still the property of Mr. Hoskins Master, but is now let to Mr. W. B. McGrath.
The house called Barrow Green, on the opposite side of the road from the barrow which gives it its name, is a three-storied house of red brick of the early 17th century, but much modernized by 18th-century sash and bay-windows, inserted when the interior was much altered and the staircase remodelled. In the early 19th century further alterations of a similar character were made, and recently some additions have been made to the house, which is of the [square-cornered capital-letter U-shaped] type, with a centre facing south and eastern and western projections. In the centre part is a large hall with large rooms on either side. The east wing contains living and bedrooms, and the west the kitchen and offices with bedrooms over. Behind the hall are the principal stairs. The south drawing-room, originally the hall, retains some of its old panelling. The fireplace opening is of stone with a straight-sided four-centred head and moulded jambs. The carved oak mantelpiece, though somewhat tampered with, seems to be in the main of original date. The shelf is supported by nude figures, and the 18th-century centre-piece is carved with the arms of Hoskins, party palewise, a cheveron engrailed between three lions, with the crest of a cock's head, and above it are the royal arms as borne by the Stuarts. In the niches on either side of the centre-piece are small allegerical female figures. The side-pieces are surmounted by pairs of fretwork obelisks with scroll-work between. At about two-thirds of the height of the walls is an entablature, supported at intervals, where left untouched, by fluted pilasters of a Doric character, but much mutilated by 18th-century alterations. Above the entablature are arched panels with grotesque telamones. The whole panelling of the room is painted and grained, making it difficult to distinguish between the old work and the new. The whole of the south front appears to have been refaced in the 18th century. The present entrance hall is on the east front, but probably did not become the principal entrance till the 18th century. In its north wall is an elaborate mantelpiece of Jacobean design, painted and grained and much restored. The panelling here is of the same type as in the drawing-room. The principal stairs are a good example of early 18th-century work, with elaborate balusters and carved spandrel brackets. The floors of this and the entrance hall are paved with large squares of stone with small lozenges of white marble between.